Acne is the most common skin condition experienced today, although teens are more susceptible than adults. Mild, moderate, and severe forms of acne can appear on any of the oily areas of the body, but it’s the face that usually experiences the most breakouts and blemishes. Acne can sometimes be painful, especially in severe cases and in cases of cystic acne.
There is no 100% guaranteed way to prevent acne. It’s caused by overproduction of sebum on the oil glands. When the oil overproduces, it becomes trapped within the skin, soon to become inflamed, resulting in a breakout. There are many ways that you may further irritate acne or increase the risks that you’ll experience this breakout. Avoid these things, which include:
· Touching your face – All that’s going to happen is transfer of dirt and bacteria. Avoid picking at or touching your skin.
· Picking Pimples – In the event that a pimple forms on your skin, resist temptation to pick that pimple, as it only causes the acne to worsen.
· Diet – There is no direct link to acne and any specific food. Nonetheless, a diet that is high in nutritional content is one that keeps your skin looking its best and reduces acne risks.
· Makeup – Women should choose cosmetics wisely, looking for non-comedogenic products that won’t clog the pores.
· H2O is your friend – The more water that you drink the better hydrated your skin is and the less risk of an acne breakout.
Over the counter acne products usually treat the condition, but remember, these products must be used for a minimum of a few weeks to see efficient results in most cases. If you don’t notice any change in your skin after six weeks or if you suffer from cystic acne or severe acne, schedule an appointment with a doctor who specializes in treating acne san francisco.